Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Friday, August 19, 2011

A day at a time!!!!

People always ask how I am doing!!!! That is a tough question. I think that because it was such a long battle with Patsy that I am doing better then if she had just died like I friend on Ride Idaho. I can really feel for Connie and her family.
That being said, I have my good days and my bad days. I keep thinking it must be time for her lunch or when was the last time I changed her and does she need to be turned. I took down the bed that was so much a part of our lives the last year.
I have tried to give the kids all of her things and have kept only a few special things and pictures. In a small RV it is hard to put things behind you when it is all around you.
I find that staying busy is the best medicine for moving on. Ride Idaho was great fun and good medicine. With the exception of one day where I got worked up and started crying and could not stop, we stayed busy enough that I had little time to think much about Patsy.
Selfishly, I would do anything to be able to give her a bath or comb her hair or feed her lunch. But I know that she would not want to be like that and that makes me happy for her. She used to get so mad that she couldn't make it to go potty without waking me and she so wanted to do things without my help. I can just imagine what she was thinking these last 2 years.

So, yesterday I ordered chicken for the celebration that we are having for Patsy on Sept 3rd. I will have chicken and water and paper plates and utensils. If you could bring a potatoe salad, or a desert or something like that, we all should have a great lunch. I am waiting to hear about the CD that is being made. I will have one for all that want one and if we run out, I will take orders and send them out.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of you. You all have been such a big support to me and the family. NO SUITS OR DRESSES A time for celebration!!!!! Patsy will be there with us and this is what she wanted. RAZ

1 comment:

  1. I'm a friend of Katy, Kurt, and Carey. Your wife was my YW leader, Camp leader, and Choir/Pianist, as well as my friend. She was an amazing woman! I really miss her and the wonderfully kind person she was. I wish I could make it to your party but I live in Washington now. I was in Idaho when I heard the news and I just prayed for your family. I hope the celebration goes well! Know that there are people thinking about her, you, and your family! Lots of love and prayers to the Rasmussens!

    ReplyDelete