Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A quick story!!!

It has been a emotional day for me and I just can't get my thoughts together. I have been asked to keep the blog going so I am going to just write a couple of thoughts for tonight and I promise to do more update tomorrow about the trip to lagoon with my sis to my sis in seattle paying for Patsy cremation cost. No wonder my emotions are all screwed up.
I told everyone the good and the bad so here is an experience to share that helps me a bit.
I watched my dear wife from the minute she had the stroke until she passed. The nurse said that the next 48 hours would be the answer. I already new the answer but as usual, I held out hope. Over the next week, we watched as she lay there and we knew it was her time to go. But for those of you who have never gone through this, this is for you.

patsy passed away and Katy was holding her hand and watching her while I sat in the chair and tried to get a few minutes of sleep. Carey was in the bedroom doing the same because we had been up with her all night. Patsy took her last breath and she was gone. We called the funeral home and it was an hour or so before they got there. When they got here, we brought in a sheet and wrapped her body all but her face. In that hour after Patsy had left her body, a change happened to her that was amazing to see. Her body started changing and by the time we were done, we hardly recognized her. And what was left was not the Patsy we all loved but a shell that no longer had a spirit. I hope I have painted the picture correctly.

I am so proud of my daughters. They asked us if we wanted them to carry Patsy out of the rv because they could not get the bed it to her. We said that we wanted to do it.
My three daughters and I picked her up and carried her out and layed her on the bed and I gave her a kiss goodbye.

My girls showed great strength and love and they are very special. Patsy will hug them again someday.

Okay that is all for tonight but please check in tomorrow, The journey continues. RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment