Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Monday, October 25, 2010

Holy Backache!!!!!

Well, i think it is past time for an update. But what do I say? Our girl is not doing so good. I have had to make some changes in the way we care of her. First of all, she was starting to develop some bed sores and we caught the early and made the needed changes to get them taking care of. Patsy doesn't move at all and that means we have to move her more to keep things from developing. The latest problem that we have is that she will not open her mouth to eat. She won't even let us help her. She just clenches harder. It makes it harder to keep weight on her. She also developed throat problems and was having a hard time swallowing.
So here is the new plan. No more meals laying down!!! No staying in bed all day!!!
Holly Backache!!!!
It is a little tough moving her to the front of the bus each morning and back to bed at night when she has to be lifted from the bed to the wheel chair and then lifted from the wheel chair the recliner. And of course, she has to be lifted from the recliner to the couch to be changed and then back to the recliner. And then it is back to the bedroom at night so that means back to the wheelchair and then to the bedroom and then lifted back to bed.
But we now feed her all her meals while she is sitting up and I think that is helping. It is also helping with possible bed sores.
She doesn't talk but she still knows what is going on. We get smiles and I still get kisses. She looks better now that we have her up more.
So we now have a new decision to make. The girls are not able to lift her. So now what do I do???
I have two ore weeks that I could work but I have a hard time leaving Patsy. I fill I should be here. The girls said they would try to keep up the routine the best they can. If Patsy makes it,, I could use the money this winter to keep us warm. If she doesn't hold on, I am sure I will have expenses that I will need some money for. So, the rain has stopped and I am sure that they will call me back tomorrow.
I was told that I should put Patsy in the nursing home. Patsy said NO!!! Well she didn't say it but she told us with her face and eyes. She is pain free and not suffering. She also is enjoying the granddaughter that is here. I think we will continue what we are doing and hope for some improvement. Keep her in your prayers and thanks for riding along. RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment