Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Thursday, June 2, 2011

We are heading for the hills

Patsy has always liked camping. She could tell many, many stories of times when she shared a campfire with a group of young girls as she took them on camp outs. Patsy loved it when the girls would thank her for taking her on a real pack in trip and taught them how to pack their own food and then cook it over a fire. Even laughed when she got caught running the girls underwear up the flagpole at girls camp as the fearless leader.
Add to those experiences the family trips we all took together and the memories we created. Some good, some bad!!!!!
But most important to me was the time that we have shared around a campfire. Looking up at the stars on a clear night with amazement. I would do anything to have a few of those days again. We almost did not get to go this weekend because of some catch up that I had to do because of the teeth work that I had done. But guess what???? Yep, today a card came in the mail with enough money to put some gas in the truck and tomorrow we are out of here for a couple of days. We are not going far, but we are going. Carey and Chad are coming and they can help me with Patsy. Every time I tell her we are going camping, her face lights up and you can tell that she is looking forward to it.
As I have said before, I don't know how to make things any better for her. I believe that the powers to be will make that decision. I just want to do everything that I can do to make her life the best it can be. I believe that means sitting around a camp fire once in a while so tomorrow we are going to give it a try. I can't tell you the work involved in taking her anywhere, especially camping. But if it gives her just one bit of enjoyment, it will be worth it.
One final note and then off to bed. For a long time now, Patsy's back side has been really a challenge. Because of her weight loss, her tail bone was like there was no meat on it at all and that is why it has been such a chore to keep the bedsores away which we have done with great success. But now, Patsy is getting fat again, LOL. Well, not really fat but she is putting so weight on and her butt is a good start. I have noticed lately that she is looking much better and that should help prevent future problems.
Speaking of butts, it is time I get mine headed for bed. Thanks for listening and riding along on our journey. I know with out a doubt that I am being blessed for taking care of a very special lady, and I know that you are being blessed for taking care of me. Someday I hope to pay it forward as they say. See ya when we get back and I will have some pics to share. RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment