Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Friday, January 14, 2011

I guess we will do it!!!!

Well, it is official. Patsy will be discharged from Hospice by next Friday. It has been kind of an emotional day for me. While I am really happy that Patsy is doing better, I was not ready to make the change but it will be best for her.
So here is what I think is going to happen. By next week Hospice is going to move us to Home Health and they will take the bed back. Patsy doesn't meet the requirement for Home Health to provide a big bed but they will provide what they call an air overlay which is a thin air mattress that lays on top of the bed. That air mattress will still have an air pump and I assume it will help to move her around a bit. We will lose the diapers and wipes, but, we will still have somebody come and help give Patsy a bath and they are working on trying to keep Debbie but we don't know for sure. Patsy will also have a nurse assigned to her but it will be a different one then Denise. Bummer!!! But they will be able to keep getting her any meds that she might need. They will also provide a wheel chair that reclines and that is where they will probably be doing her therapy. I don't think that the new chair will fit through the opening to the bedroom. SOOOO, I will need to get her up in the mornings and put her in the wheel chair that i have here and then move her to the front of the rv and get her out of that chair and move her to the new chair. When I need to change her I will have to move her from the chair and to the couch. Maybe a little nap and then back to the hair. At night I will take her back to the back of the rv and put her to bed. We were thinking about setting up a hospital bed an then I would sleep some where but when I asked Patsy if she wanted me to set one up or put her back in her bed, she indicated her bad. So, that is what we are going to do.
I need to do a little work in the bedroom before this an all happen and I think Chad is coming this weekend to help me. I will have to rearrange the living room again when this all happens but such is life. On the road again so try to keep up, Raz

No comments:

Post a Comment