Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Now what the heck do I do!!!!

Well, I guess it is time to post again. Sorry for not keeping up.
I think Patsy has hit a little plateau. After a month of steady improvement, I think Patsy has leveled out just a bit. Not that she isn't doing okay, but just not doing much more. I called Carol and told her and so she went to work to try to find out why. Here is what she found.
I put some of the medicine that Patsy is taking on a cotton ball and put them in individual baggies. 10 to be exact. Then I did a new saliva sample from Patsy and put that in a bag. I took them to Carol on my way to the meeting last night and she worked them up. After testing last night, Carol called me to let me know what she found. She says that the meds are over working her body a bit and that explains why she seems tired and not as alert. Also, Patsy has what we thought was a blueish color on her fingers on her right hand. Denise first thought that maybe we had a circulation problem or and oxygen problem. After testing her, we found her oxygen levels to be great and her hands were warm so that didn't make much sense. After further examination, we decided that the color was more silver than blue. We also noticed that her finger nails were always dirty on that hand And I figure that it was because something was cleaning out of her body and it was coming out through her fingers. I know, you all think I am a little weird but I just tell it the way I see it.
Anyway, Carol thinks that it is all part of the body working to hard thing. So here is what we have decided to do. We are pulling Patsy off the stuff from denver and keeping her on the new stuff that Carol put together for Patsy last week. We will stay off of them until monday and then I will do another sample for her and take it over and test again and see where we are. I am willing to bet that by Monday her fingers have cleared up, we will see.
I new problem has entered our life or at least a decision that needs to be made soon. Patsy has been on hospice now for 60 days and is certified for 90 days. Denise is ready too discharge her when I am ready. What does that mean???? Well, Hospice is designed for end of life care and it has become apparent to her and to me that Patsy is not there. If we convert over to Home Health instead of Hospice, then we can get Patsy a speech therapist, and a physical therapist and start working on building her body and brain back. Sounds great right!!!! Well here is the problem. I will loose this bed possibly and will definitely loose the diapers and wipes and her bath gal and Denise as her nurse which I really like. Plus, it means putting her back in our bed and me having to wake up every hour and turn her. It also means that I will have to start taking her to therapy and that means moving her in and out of the bus. It also means I will have to find a different van because I don't think I can get her in and out of the little car I drive around. I guess I have gotten to soft. This last month has been easier on me and now it looks like I need to get back to work. I really don't know how I can afford to do all that but I just need to have a little faith I guess. Chad is working on getting my tranny in my pickup and I want to see if I can lift her up into that. I am so happy that she is doing better, I think.
It is not a decision that has to be made today but with in the next week or so and you will need to keep riding along on our journey with us. I may really need your prayers if I have to start taking her in and out for therapy. We see !!! RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment