Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Monday, January 24, 2011

What a week!!!!

Ok all you tired travelers. I am back and I have had a bit of sleep and now have my head screwed on a bit better. I felt so helpless as I tried to hold my wifes hand while she was having a terrible seizure. To watch her and see her stiffen and to listen to her and the noises that she was making is something I don't want to have to do again. And for the next couple of days not knowing what has happened to her and what is next is the pits. I sat in the recliner (my new bed for now) and tried to sleep but every little noise or movement or noise and I was awake. So I watched and waited for something to happen next. Was she going to have another seizure????

And now the wait is over. I can't believe the results. I even called my daughter and the nurse and Carol to see if what I was seeing could be. IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A SERIOUS SEIZURE LIKE THAT AND COME OUT OF IT BETTER THEN BEFORE??????????????

That's right!!! Patsy is back to where she was before and she is actually doing better then before wed. The nurse came in today and Patsy pulled her arm out from under the covers on her own and waved at her. Unbelievable!!!! Carol called today and I put the phone to her ear and she actually tried to say something to her. Her case worker came by to have me sign the papers to discharge her from hospice. Patsy was up and sitting in the chair and as we talked she smile and laughed and when asked a few question, she answered yes and no.

So what happened. No one seems to know. I have my ideas. But that does not mean to much. I believe that we were feeding Patsys brain and It just decided to fire a bit and wake up a little. But I really don't know.

Patsy is still here and I am happy. We discharged her today from hospice and they are supposed to start home health soon. I am excited to start building her strength back.

So, to wrap up, somebody is still watching our girl and I think she is still fighting. I just fed her some dinner and she is trying to feed herself. I gave her a piece of turkey and she is trying to put it in her mouth. She does pretty good. What a week, glad you were with us on our journey, RAZ

1 comment:

  1. Bob MacDonald KF7FJCJanuary 26, 2011 at 6:20 AM

    We're always riding along Raz....and our prayers are keeping pace with you!

    Bob and Chris MacDonald
    Buhl

    ReplyDelete