Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A little lovin' is good!!!!

I had better do a post so that my cell phone drives me crazy. Sorry I have been a little under the weather for a couple of days.


Sunday was a bad day. Patsy had a fever all day and all night and I could not break it. I used wash rags with cold water and it was still a battle. Monday was better. Her fever finally broke and she felt better. The problem was that I felt like I had been bucked off a horse. Monday night I called Christy and asked her to come over and cook Patsy some dinner and I went to bed. My back has been killing me from all the lifting I am having to do. Tuesday, things were better for both of us.

Yesterday I worked all day getting some work done and at 5:00, I went to Boise for a club Board meeting. Keri came by and sat with Pat for a couple of hours and fed her dinner. It was nice to get out and Patsy really like Keri.

I talked with Carol and asked her if she was okay with us taking Patsy in for a full body massage. She thinks it would be a great thing so I scheduled an appointment for sat at 11:30. I asked Denise if she could get approval from Hospice to pay for it and she did. They will pay for two visits a month. It will be really interesting to watch that massage with Patsy always wanting to grab our arms as we work on her. The bigger challenge will be getting her out of the bus and into the car. The van that we were using last year doesn't have a heater and I don't know how we will get her into and out of the little station wagon. But I am really excited about helping her with a good massage.

I got a little lovin today!!!! I put Patsy over on the couch for an hour and then, OOOOPPPPPSSSS, the couch layed down into the bed. Now before you guys and gals go crazy with what ever you might be thinking, I will tell it was nothing like that. But, I did crawl up next to her and gently rolled her towards me and I rubbed her back and I got a few kisses. I tell this story because of what happened while I was holding her.

I asked her if she like me rubbing her back and to my surprise, she started to talk to me a bit. It was mainly yes and no and some mumbling but I found it interesting. It was the first time in months that I have been able to lay by her and hug her like that and it really was special and I think for both of us. I think it was easier to try to talk for some reason being that close and almost a whisper if that makes any sense.
Okay, enough of that. We are having sloppy joes tonight and it is time to get them started.I included the lastest pic of Patsys back side to show the progress. Denise said that we are in pretty good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment