Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dang it!!!!!

YOU JUST GET ONE PROBLEM UNDER CONTROL AND ANOTHER ONE POPS UP!!!!!!
Some days it just seems like I should just go to bed and stay there. I would throw my hands in the air and quit but Patsy won't let me.
So here is the good news first!!! The nurse stopped by today and Patsy's stats are much, much better. Oxygen levels were 95 and she hasn't been on oxygen since last night for about two hours. Her blood pressure was way down from where it has been. Her pulse rate was 110 which is still a little higher then we want but a whole bunch better then it has been. The best news is that Patsy's lungs sound really clear and a week ago I was ready to put her in the hospital.
So what is next????? Carol went to Denver for training and she took a saliva sample with her and the head of the company did some testing on Patsy. He is 100 percent positive that Patsy does not have CJD. Dave and Carol believe that there was some issues that Patsy was having but that all of her problems were set off with toxins from the lye that we used in making the bio-diesel.
Dave has Patsy on a lot of things to clear her up. Is it to late??? He says not. Carol has been working on Pat and I would like to think that they have a handle on it. She is showing some signs of improvement already. just little things but they mean a lot to me. I gave her a yogurt today and a few bites of a waffle without the syringe. It would be great if she could eat meals again.
So, now for the bad!!!
Patsy has a bed sore on her tailbone that has become pretty serious. I have had her on her back to much because of the lung problem. That has created a problem. Now we are going to keep her on her side and get to work on clearing it up. Not going to be easy. The hospice people are bringing an air bed out tomorrow and that will help. I guess that it helps keep the body from being in one position to long.
Finally, the discussion of a feeding tube has popped up and the pros and cons are being weighed. I hope Patsy continues to improve so that a decision does not have to be made.
Thanks again for staying with us, RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment