Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Will She bounce back?????

I'm back and so is Patsy!!! Back from where????? Okay, okay, here is the story. As you know, I got rid of the first hospice group that was here and it was the best decision I have made so far. The new hospice people are on board and they are great. Here is an example!!!!
I told you Patsy was very sick. Yesterday I called the nurse and Christy and ask them to come quick. Patsy was really bad and I needed to discuss with them what options we might have. I don't involve the rest of the family at this point because other then Thereasa and Katy and Carey, nobody else has been that involved with her care. Her stats were very low. Oxygen levels were 88 and they should be over 90. Her pulse was 129 and that should be under 100. Her lungs were full of crap and making her work way to hard. Her temp for the last week has been bouncing around 100 t0 103 and not coming down even with pills. She was a mess and the nurse said she was very sick. I asked the question. Do we need to put Patsy in the hospital. That was tough for me but I wanted to do what is best for Patsy. We discussed what we could accomplish if we put her there and it appears that the main thing would be an I. V. I thought for sure that the nurse would recommend the hospital but instead, she said that she could do an I.V. here if the doctor would approve it and that the care we are giving Patsy could not be matched in the Weiser hospital. Blew me away and I know the answer would not have been the same with the other provider.
So a call was made to the Doctor and he said that he would approve the I.V. but, he thought the antibiotic that we were giving her was just as good and said that we just need to stay with it one more day. So within an hour, we had an oxygen machine and tons of everything that we could need to help Patsy. They delivered it and we went to work. Everything from gloves to pads to diapers to body lotion.
Patsy says NOT YET!!!!
Today her lungs are almost clear, her oxygen level was 92 when we check it at 3:00. Her heart rate had dropped to 102. She was responding to us and awake. What a difference. She had a really good night and while I checked on her regularly, I didn't have to do much and was able to sleep a bit. They came and we gave her a bath today. For anybody that thinks Patsy would be happier some place other then her home, You should have been here today. She has told me when she could talk to please not let them put her in a nursing home. When ever someone comes along in those fancy uniforms, she goes into panic mode. That happened today!!!
She woke up to Debbie (her bath lady) and I had to step in and settler down and let her know that I was there and that we were not taking her anywhere. She settled down and we continue with a chuckle on our faces.
It make me feel good when I see her heart rate slow when I am holding her hand. She knows the love I have for her even in this mess she is in.
Carol is back from Denver but I will save that good news for another day soon.
We received a little cash and some gift cards in the mail today. If the people responsible for that are reading this, thank you so much. I need to give Carol $300.00 tomorrow to cover the testing that was done in Colorado. Every little bit helps.
To wrap up, Patsy is still sick but is doing much better tonight. We have her on oxygen sometimes and antibiotics, she has a bad bed sore on her hiny because we have had to have her up to keep her breathing. We now are addressing that. Please know that I love her and will continue to do what ever she needs to give her the best chance that she might have.
Thanks again for riding along, RAZ

1 comment:

  1. RAZ....just know that our prayers are with you this day and everyday. I'm KF7FJC, the stupid old man whose Yaesu you programed for him at the Holiday Inn in Boise, about a year ago. I'm also the sole provider and caretaker for my wife who suffers from Alzheimer's. It isn't easy, but you'll make it....that's what they keep telling me. 73

    ReplyDelete