Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Who ordered this and why!!!!!!

I have heard it said that when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. I once believed I was pretty tough but now have been knocked down a step or two.
First let me apologize for not keeping the blog up to date. I have been a mess and by the time I quit at night, well, I haven't been quitting at night. Patsy has had an infection and with that a temp that has been really hard for me to keep in check. She has been gurgling when she breaths. The hospice nurse believes that I may have aspirated her by feeding her with the syringe but i don't think so. Regardless, she had a build up of something in her bronchial tubes and that has now settled in her lunges. We are watching her close to make sure that she doesn't get worse.The nurse suggested that we put her on an antibiotic and I agreed. The high temp is kicking her tail. I have been checking her every 30 minutes and keeping cold cloths on her and Tylenol in her. That gives me about a 20 minute nap before the next round. Maybe that is why I was a grump yesterday. I KICKED THE HOSPICE PEOPLE OUT!!!!!!!
Ok, I will tell you that story. Every since they first started coming around, they have had the wrong attitude as far as I was concerned. They wanted to fill the rv with morphine and other drugs and instead of helping me with the needs I have for taking care of Patsy, It appeared to me that they wanted to dope her up and keep her that way until she dies. Yesterday was the last straw. They came in and checked on Patsy while I took a shower. When I came back to the RV, the nurse told me that Patsy had indicated to her that she was in pain. BULLCRAP!!!!!! There is no one that knows this lady better then I do and I ask her all the time if she needs pain pills and I would know if she did. But the trouble doesn't stop there. I was advised that we should put her on an antibiotic to help with the lung problem. I agreed and she said that she would call the order in. I got a phone call an hour or so later and said that they had a prescription that had been called in and that they would drop it off. They came to the door and told me that the medicine needed to be given to her every two hours and I started right away. I gave her a treatment at 1:00 and again at 3:00. But I noticed right away that I could not wake her up and she was unable to eat lunch.
The nurse call me at 4:00 and told me that the medicine had been called in but they were waiting for the Doctor to release it or something and that I could pick it up.
WHAT!!!!!! Then what the heck (notice I said heck, that is not the words I used yesterday) have I been giving her?????? After describing to her the medication, I found out that it was an anti-anxiety drug. WHAT!!!!!!! WHO ORDERED THAT AND WHY?????I only wish pat could show anxiety.
So, needless to say, I blew up and they received the bad end of two sleepless nights. I have a new provider who will be here at 4:00 today. My daughter Christy helped me by calling them. She informed them that I was not a very happy camper right now and that if they didn't think they could help me and do things the way I wanted, then they shouldn't come.
Did I mention Christy helping me??? I don't think I could have made it this far with out her.
So, the journey continues. Carol is in Denver getting training and they are the ones that gave us the anti CJD vibropathic. I hope to hear from her today or tomorrow. I really appreciate all the prayers and the coupons for Ensures that I have recieved. If anyone sees coupons for depends diapers, please clip them for me. Keeping riding along, RAZ



2 comments:

  1. Hello, I called the depends company and they will be sending some coupons out today. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Raz. You are tough...don't ever doubt that. I only hope Bob can be as loving and caring as you've been to Pat. You're a great example of unconditional love to many. Like I said...hang in there Raz.

    love, margo & bob

    ReplyDelete