Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hospice Care????

Okay here is my report for tonight. It has been a hectic day. A good friend has help us get some hospice care and I spent the day with doing paper work and talking with some of the people that will be coming to help. One of the hospice workers turned out to be a friend that we have known for years. There is probably no one that we feel better about helping Patsy then her. She lit up like a Christmas tree when I told her that she was coming by. Now, I am not trying to pat myself on the back but they were surprised at the care that we were giving Patsy. That made me feel pretty good. They are going to come twice a week and do physical therapy on Patsy and another crew will come three times a week and give her a bed bath. The will take an enormous amount of stress away from me. They also will now provide me with the depends diapers that she wears and some medicines and creams that we use.
Patsy was clearly upset because she was afraid of what was going on. It took us some convincing to get her to understand that i am not leaving her or letting them take her away from me. While they were here, I again asked her if she wanted to move to a house or stay in our home (the bus). She convinced them where she wanted to be. Live or die, it will happen here.
Carey and Chad added another grandson to the family and I told Patsy that cooper had finally arrived. I wished I would have had a camera. I gigantic smile when I told her that Carey was coming over in the next day or so.
So Patsy is doing pretty good. I know she is doing better then a week ago. I don't know what next week will bring but she is doing okay for now. Her blood pressure was better, her lungs are doing good, her heart rate was good, her skin color is good, and she is very well hydrated. We are still waiting the results from Colorado, maybe tomorrow. I am positive that I am now getting enough food in her again. And the best part is that she seems more coherent lately. Like she understands more about what is going on. She still has little movement and is still being fed through a syringe. But she is eating a bunch and that is good.
So life continues and so do we. I used to pray for Patsy and still do but i also pray that I will not get sick or hurt so that I can continue to to be there for her. Thanks for riding along, RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment