Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Is it my birthday!!!!!!!

Wow!!!! It is only 4:00 but so far today this has been the best day that we have had since probably sometime in September. What do I mean by that you ask????? Ok, I will tell you.
I woke Patsy up at about 8:00 and she gave me the biggest smile I have seen for a long time. Then I was teasing her about how full her diaper was and she started laughing. the more I teased her, the more she laughed. I cooked her breakfast and she ate it without any problems.
She needed a bath because we didn't get to go to the care center on monday so I heated the water and gave her a good bed bath. Now doing a bed bath is not two much of a problem until you get to the washing the hair part. That is usually a hard task unless you have some help because it is hard to hold her head up and wash it at the same time without some help and I didn't have any today.
So, I set a chair by the side of the bed and put a tub with water on the chair. I told Patsy that she was going to have to help hold her head up so that I could do a good job. I turned her side ways on the bed and started to wash her hair.
HOLY STIFF NECK!!!!!!! She was able to completely hold her head up the entire time without any help from me. It appears that the exercises we have been doing may be helping.
And then as if the day wasn't going well enough, When I got done giving her a bath, I gave her a big hug and a kiss. Nothing to special about that you say!!!! Well, The cool part was that Patsy was able to get her arms up around me with a little help. That has been really hard for her because she has been so stiff. More proof that we may be gaining on her therapy a bit.
Next, it was time to get her out of bed and in the chair. I do it everyday but I usually struggle because it is hard to lift her with out having her arms around me so that I can get a good hold on her. Yep, she was able to let me get her arms around my shoulders and that was wonderful.
But it just keeps getting better. I asked Patsy if she would try to stand . It has been so long.
HOLY LETS GO DANCING!!!!!
Now, she only put a little pressure on her feet and my back isn't good enough to hold her to long but I was really happy to see that much progress.
Can the day possibly get any better????? Yup!!! Thereasa called me and told me that she had a roast in the crock pot and I don't even have to cook supper. Unbelievable!!!!! And I have the laundry done and the dishes are done except the ones from breakfast.
If the sun would have stayed out today it would have been perfect but all I can say is let it snow, I don't care.
Thanks for riding along on the journey, RAZ

P.S. I hope R. W. makes it to our next meeting. We really missed her!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment