Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Just take a breath so I know!!!!

How does your day start!!!! The first thing I do every morning is to look and make sure my wife is still breathing. I try to change her sleeping position every three hours. I would do it more but the air mattress overlay that she sleeps on helps and we seem to be keeping the bed sores away with that program. I put her in one position at 9:00 and then put her on her other side at midnight. Again at three and six. I have not had to use an alarm clock, I just am able to wake up.
Yesterday we had to do another clean out on Patsy. She gets so plugged up if I don't. After getting her emptied as far as I could, I gave her a suppository and that helped to bring the rest down and she is feeling better today I think. I said good morning to her today and she tried to say it back to me but was unable to get it out. Just watching her move her mouth and try is a good sign to me.
Monique brought a reclining wheel chair from the nursing home for us to use until we get the new one for her that we have asked for. The advantage of the wheelchair is that it forces her to sit up more. I need a tip out on my bus.
Anyway, This was a pretty good week for our girl. I told you that when I move Patsy from bed to the chair that I always ask her to try to stand. I think she has been putting weight on her legs but it is hard for me to tell because I have to hurry and get her in the chair before my back give out. Well, Wed. night I had a meeting in Boise so I had Christy come over and watch mom for awhile and then Kari came by and sat with her until I got home. While Christy was here, Monique came with the wheelchair and they got Patsy up and put her in the chair. They are able to get on her sides and both lift her.
Monique told me that when they did that, Patsy put weight on her legs for several seconds. WOW!!!!
So things are looking up. Time goes so slow when you want things so bad. It is like a kid at Christmas, hurry up so we can open our gifts. Sometimes I get a little depressed wondering if this is the way we will be spending the rest of out lives. But then I look at Patsy and she smiles and I realize that if it is, Then I am a lucky man. So, keep riding along with us on this journey, RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment