Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Just shoot me!!!!

What do I tell you tonight. So much to say. Okay, I will start with Patsy. I called my dad this morning and I put the phone to Patsy and she said HI GRANDPA!!!! Wow, that was way cool and I think dad enjoyed it as well. A nice breakfast and then I got her up for the day. She sits in the chair. It is not the best but is better then lying in bed all day. When I finally get a home health group on board, I am going to push for the wheelchair that will allow her to have better back support and it also reclines.
The new meds got here today and I started her on them. Carol wants me to give half doses to start and then we will increase a bit later. She is really moving her arms and one leg a lot lately. her right leg and foot about drive me crazy sometimes.She has a little movement in her left leg but it needs work. Her speech is still slow. In the mornings she does better then she does at night. We'll see what the new meds do.
So, Legacy Home Health. I think they hate me. Holly Crap they can be a pain in my wifes bed sore.
Legacy Hospice was the best. While they are based out of meridian, Denise and Debbie both live here in Weiser and they were the best. After they discharged Patsy from Hospice care, they assigned me to Legacy Home Health. That has been a mess from the get-go!!!!!!! The first thing they said to me was they don't have a nurse to call, when something happens to Patsy I am to just call 911. Not even a hi, how is Pat!!!!!! They did send a physical therapist out but he could not give me any answers as to whether I would have a bath aid or any other help. And they almost acted like it was way out here in the boondocks for them to have to come so they just wanted to show me what I was already doing so they would not have to come as often. I wasn't happy and you know what I am like when I am not happy!!! I am a pain in the bedsore.
I was at the nursing home monday giving Patsy a bath and I watched a gal working on one of the patients. When she walked by, Christy told her that Patsy was her mom and she stopped everything she was doing and came over and shook her hand and really acted like Patsy was a human being and not just a number. When I got home later I was thinking about her and I called Christy and she told me that she was a physical therapist. Her name is Monique. I called her at home that night and she said she would love to work on Pat. She told me that they were under contract with a company called Guardian and that I would have to quit Legacy and bring Guardian on. So, I did.
Holly shoot me in the head and let me die. Legacy was not happy and they called to see why I didn't want them any more. I told them. Then the Guardian people called me and told me that they were getting the paper work ready and the doctor okay but that they would being sending someone from Fruitland to work on Pat instead of Monique. I said okay. After an hour went by, I was thinking and said to myself, SELF , What happened here?????
So, I picked up the phone and gave them a call. I told them to stop the paperwork that I was not going to bring them on board after all. Now they hated me.
I got a phone call. They wanted to know what was going on. I told them that the only reason I was even talking to Gaurdian was because I wanted Monique and have someone that is in Weiser and since I wasn't going to get them, they were not going to get me. Guess what, I got Monique!!! and a nurse, and a bath helper, and they are already working on the wheelchair that we want. I am bad!!! But you know what, Patsy is the love of my life and Everyone out there is praying and helping to make sure that our girl has every chance to pull out of this mess. I spend every minute working towards that goal. It is Patsys Medicaid claim and they need to earn their money or go down the road. The nurse is supposed to come out tomorrow to assess Patsy and Monique will be here on Friday. I am really excited now.
The journey continues and I don't know how I would keep up if it wasn't for your support. Thank You!!!!! Keep riding alon, RAZ

1 comment: