Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

It is a great day for a ride!!!

Good morning all you fellow travelers!!!! Here is my report for today. We stepped up the medicine last monday but after a few days, I took her back to just once a day. Yesterday she had a pretty good day and so today I am back to two doses. I guess we will just have to see how she does. I am still having a constipation problem with her so I am working on that today as well. She looks great!!! Her kisses are wonderful!!! And her smile is unbelievable!!!
I canceled her bath aid gal today and for good. The aids with Home Health are not the same as the aids with Hospice. They don't furnish any supplies or do anything. While she was here, I had to get the wash cloths and towels and furnish the soaps and shampoos. I also had to undress her and do her diapers. If I have to do that much, I might as well spend 10 minutes more and do the rest myself. Also, Monique is really cool but they are doing only range and motion exercises and they brought me the info so that I can learn how to do it. They are only on board for 30 days and then they re-evaluate. I guess I was hoping that there was something more they would do. When I get Patsy up and running a bit better, I think I am going to try to get her to the elks or somewhere but for now I guess I will live with it.
They are trying to get Medicaid to pay for a new wheelchair for her. It is called a tilt in space and it will be great to have because it gives here better support while sitting up. It will help to strengthen her trunk muscles and the when she gets a little tired, I can recline it. I am excited about that. Patsy really likes the baths at the care center so I have worked it out with Christy to help me with that on Mondays. There is a scale on the bath chair and that will help me see whether the increase in food intake is putting weight back on her.
So, as you can see, the journey for Patsy continues. Thanks for being there with us, RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment