Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Sunday, April 24, 2011

What a weekend

Well fellow travelers, here is an update!!!! This has been the best day that I have had in over 6 months. Her is why. I just finished the Idaho State Convention the we have been working on and i have the behind me for another year. This year wasn't to bad because the people working on the Convention all did a great job.
I went over thursday night and started setting up. Friday the doors opened and the work began. Christy brought Patsy over to the hotel friday night to spend the rest of the weekend there. Saturday the girls (Carey and Christy) got her ready and brought her out to see the group. They seemed happy to see her and she seemed happy to see them. Back to her room and then the relatives and friends started showing up. She was really tired but they all commented on how great she looked.
Today we got up at 4:30 and watched some tv and at 6:00, she was still awake so I asked her if she wanted to go back out and help me get set up. She indictated that she would so I got her dressed and put her in her wheelchair and away we went. It was fun to see her up. She stayed awake all the way home and has been up most of the day. She is eating and swallowing good.
there are some other great things going on but the best news came today.
You have heard me talk about leaving patsy with Kari from time to time when I go to Boise in the evening. Kari and my daughter grew up together and she is as close to being part of the family as you can get without actually being in the family. Other then my own daughters, there is nobody that I trust Patsy with except her. Well, I learned today that she has been hired by the company that I now have taking care of Patsy. Tomorrow I will get her assigned to Patsy and that will be great!!!! I know Patsy loves her by the big smile whenever Kari come over. With her involved, I will be able to take full advantage of the 31 hours that the state has approved for her per week. I might even be able to find a part time job for one or two days a week to help out a bit. At the very least, I will be able to do work around here and on the bus without having to stop and feed and bathe her etc. I really feel like a lot has been taken off my shoulders.

Patsy is watching Shrek 2 on tv and the Donkey is making her laugh. I know she will talk to me again if she continues to improve. So we keep on going down the road. See ya soon , RAZ

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, my name is Sandi Clemens Cox. I went to Boise High school with you and Pat. I want to commend you for taking such great care of your wife. I was so sorry to hear about this. I wish I lived closer so I could help you, but for now I can pray.
    Bless You....

    ReplyDelete