Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A mixed day!!!

A mixed day to say the least. But let me start with some good news for Patsy and I. We learned today that they have approved her for her SSI and SSD. That means that we will now be able to have enough money coming in to pay the bills. The amount coming in is not a lot but it means that I can stay home and take care of Patsy and that will help a lot.
Over the last month, several people and family members have sent us some money and Pat received some today at dinner. That will carry us over until the SSI comes in . Please know how much you have helped us and especially me. It has not been the easiest thing for me to change my life around to become Patsy's care giver but it was a whole bunch easier not having to worry about how to pay the bills. The financial support will always be remembered. Please forward the info to everyone and tell them that we should be ok now and that further financial assistance will not be needed. I will have Carey send an email out as well.
Jeneane and Kelly invited us to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse in Boise. It is Patsy's favorite place to eat and we want to thank them for the treat. To make things better, all of her brothers and sisters were there and Rick and Rhonda (I sure hope I spelled that right). Paula even showed up for a bit. Patsy had a great time and it made for a wonderful day. She shed a tear on the way home. She was really touched.
So, as you might have guessed, she was really tired when I got her home and she went to bed early with a pretty hefty pain pill.
Remember the mixed day I mentioned. Well here is the bad news. Patsy has noticed that her vision is slipping a bit. As you know, that is a symptom of the CJD disease. We will see what Carol has to say when we go see her on Wed. We will remain hopeful for the best.
Thanks again for the love and support. RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment