Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Rest of the Story

Ok where do I start?? First thing I want to do is to let all of you who have sent some money to help us out know that you have made a big difference in our lives. Up until about 3 weeks ago, I was able to work and pay the bills that we have which is not that many. Then things changed and it got to a point where I was afraid to leave patsy alone. She has a hard time going to the bathroom without help and showering and cooking became impossible for her.
Then one morning while trying to get her up to go to the bathroom and to eat some breakfast that I had cooked for her, Patsy had a seizer and she collapsed on me, I caught her and was able to lay her on the bed. With the help of Theresa, We were able to get her to the hospital. After several hours, it was decided that the best place for pat was at the St. Als hospital where she could get to the neurologist that she needed to see. After three days and a lot of tests and a MRI, the Dr gave us the news that Patsy has CJD disease. As everyone knows, this is an incurable disease that gets worse and supposedly fast.
So, here we are. Pat has been the center of my life since the day we got married. As I have now learned (or learning) to cook, and clean, and do laundry (I am embarrassed to say that I did my first load of laundry ever three weeks ago), I have also had to consider how things could ever go on with out her by my side.
So, we decided that we would do what we could while we can. But the first thing we did was to go see Carol. Carol is Pat's kineseoligist (not sure if I spelled that right). Carol tested Pat for the disease that the Hospital said that she had and told Pat that their diagnosis was incorrect. While she agreed that she is having brain problems, she says that the problem is a parasite in the spinal fluid and that the parasite is a single cell protein that is causing the problems Pat is having. She says that we will kill the parasite and then the progression will stop and the healing can begin.
So I started the first treatment Wed night. Corny as it may sound, we have mixed two essential oils together 50/50. The oils are Wintergreen and Sassafras. This is a very strong mixture. I relate it to head lice and the way to kill them is often a real strong smelling shampoo or treatment to drive and then kill the lice.
So here we go. I put the first application of the oils on patsy's tail bone Wed night at 9:00. She went to bed 45 minutes later and then all heck broke lose. She started talking about all kinds of things and none of them made any sense. I got really scared and didn't know what to do. It was like she was stoned or something and I didn't know what to do. She finally went to sleep but I didn't. I stayed up for hours just watching her hoping that she was okay.
Thur. I applied the solution on Patsy again at 9:00 and then cooked her a good breakfast. The first thing I noticed was that she ate everything that I cooked for once. Maybe my cooking is getting better. I had a meeting to go to in Boise and needed to leave at 4:00 and was surprised when she said that she wanted to go with me. We went to the meeting and had dinner and by the time I got her home she was exhausted, but she did go and we both had a good time. I did another application on her and then helped her to bed. No scary things happened that night. I was glad because I really needed the sleep.
Friday. So we slept in until 8:30 today. Oh, by the way, Pat has been sleeping good this whole time but she is always tired most of the day and spends a lot of her time in bed. I got her up and did another application at 9:00 today. I went in and started breakfast and then I looked around and there she was. She had gotten out of bed and walked to the bathroom and then came in to see what we were having to eat. I could not believe my eyes. I was so happy I shed a tear. I did not let her see that, but I was really happy. She wanted to go and see Leslie in Nampa before she went back home and I said I would take her if she wanted go. She told me that she felt really good and that she hadn't felt that good in a long time. She actually dressed her self without help and we went to Nampa. She did get tired before we got home and she did come home and take a nap.
So, as I close tonight, I want everyone to know that we are not sure what the future will bring but I can tell you that I promised pat that I will be here for her no matter what. Thanks to your help, I am going to make that commitment come true. We are very optimistic that we are on the right track with this and we are looking forward to every day that we have together. She is planning on leading her choir on Sunday, there will be a few tears shed that day as she is so loved in our ward and stake.
I will be putting an update on here everyday to keep everyone up to speed on Pats journey good or bad. Keep us in your prayers. Thanks for you help. RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment