Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kisses are good!!!!

Okay, okay stop yelling at me and I will do a post. Sorry that I have missed a few days, but I have been trying to make a little money so that I have enough for heat and gas and things to help make it through the winter. It as been hard but with the help from the girls, we have been making it. Thereasa, Christy, and Kari Norton have been watching her while I am gone. I have been getting her changed in the morning and I give her what ever meds she is taking. Thereasa then comes in after I leave and gets her some breakfast and what ever else she needs. Christy comes on Mondays and Kari comes on Wedsdays. Thereasa is here on all mornings and on fridays and she checks on here in the evenings until I get home. Thereasa has been cooking most evenings and that has helped. I take care of her at night and get her ready for bed. That has me busy from about 7:00 to 10:00 and then I try to get some rest.
But how is Patsy you say????? I don't really know what to say. Not good is probably a good answer but, she is still here and that is a blessing. She lays in her bed and watches tv (or at least stares at the tv). She has to be fed and changed. We give her a bath in bed and and wash her hair in bed. Carol thinks she has identified what is causing moms paralysis and we are working on it.
So where are we and what is next.
I remember it was this time last year when Patsy was picking me up from driving truck and I noticed that she was having problems with her driving. So, it has been a year. The Doctors say she has CJD disease. If that is true, then I guess time is running out because they say that the disease usually runs its course in about a year or less. They told her that she had about 6months when she was in the hospital. We are entering the 6th month. She has trouble talking yet she listens to everything you say and seems to understand.
Here are a couple of good signs to go with the bad. While she doesn't get out of bed much, Christy and I have been putting her in the chair for an hour when ever we can. She seems to do alright. A week ago I took her to Carol and she could not help me with her legs at all. Yesterday when I got her up to go to the chair, she actually helped with a couple of steps. Not many but a few. She has been laughing at some of the comedy shows and usually she just watches. This morning when she woke up, she rolled over towards me which never happens without help. When we change her, we roll her over to get the diaper on better and usually it is a chore and she says it hurts her. The pain pills aren't needed as often. When I ask her if she knows my name, 90 % of the time she does. Sometimes she will say no and I can see she is teasing.
She always says "hey baby" back to me when I say it to her. And while sex is something I forgot how to do, she still gives me good kisses. And when I tell her that I love her, She always says she loves me to. How many marriages can say that. I tell her that I love her every chance I get. I don't want her to forget. She is eating pretty good most of the time and I believe she has stopped losing weight and maybe is gaining a pound or two.
Is her brain sharp??? NO!! She can't even remember what happened earlier in the day sometimes. The other night a friend of ours came by and when she saw him, she recognized him immediately.
There are some thing I need to ask her but it doesn't do any good. I was so dependent on her for a long time and now she can't help much. But I am still building our dream home, she still wants to be here, our time together is still special, so on we go and you are all still invited to ride along, RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment