Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I caught with only a half smile> Sorry


Here is a quick note. Chad and Carey came over today to bring us a few Christmas presents and some candy. I think Patsy had the best morning that she has had in a long time. Carey gave her a present and she held it and tried to open it. When Chad walked in with his Santa hat on, Patsy smiled a big smile. Carsyn read her a story he wrote and she got to hold the baby. I posted a pic but it wasn't her best today. She did a lot better then the pic shows.
Patsys nurse told me that she thought that I should be able to get some assistance for the care I give her. I told her what they told me about a spouse not being able to receive money but they are working on it. I am not going to get my hopes up but that would be a great Christmas present.
Patsys bedsore is probably 80% healed and doing much better. I am taking over on her range and motion exercises. They are supposed to have some one coming out but I can't wait any longer. She has one ankle and one wrist that need a lot of work. Her left wrist. I am working on it three times a day now and I think I can see some improvement. I just added it to my list of things to do each day and we are getting it done.
Patsy is still not able to talk but she is communicating much better each day. Carey founf that out today I think. The other night I asked her if she was okay and she said no. That was a first in a long time. But I didn't know what was wrong. So, I asked if she had pain. She said yes. But I didn't know where. I started with her stomach and then her back and then her throat and the answer each time was no. I asked her if she had a headache and finally found the problem. I gave her some aspirin and it took care of it. I will be glad when she can talk more but I am glad that she was here so that I could take the time to see what her problem was.
Anyway, things are still good. I used to talk about babysteps but they always went backwards after a while. About 4 weeks now and nothing but slow, positive progress. I hope all is well with everyone out there and please keep riding along with us. Merry Christmas from Patsy and me.
RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment