Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I need a bigger bus!!!!!

I want to go see the new movie that is coming out that is a remake of True Grit. The problem is, I would not enjoy it unless Patsy gets to go. I have a really hard time leaving her and asking others to take care of her. I hate to ask others to change her and feed her. But more important to me is just to be here for her. Remember, she can't push a button or cry out for help. She can't talk to people and tell them that she is hot or cold or hungry or in pain. I know her enough to tell when she needs something. There will be plenty off times for movies someday.
Patsy had a busy day today. I made her some breakfast and she got to eat before everyone started showing up. The first person to show was some weird lady who does reflexology. I was not impressed when she came in but I figured maybe pat would like it. She didn't!!!!!! I am not sure if it was the lady or what she was doing put Patsy was clearly not enjoying what she was doing. I asked Patsy if she wanted her to continue and she told me NO!!!! (she moved her head) So, out she went.
Then Legacy had a new social worker that needed to stop by and do an update. I was not looking forward to that because you know how I feel about social workers. But she was great and i think Patsy enjoyed her being here. We discussed a need to get Patsy some work on her muscles and I think she may have that ball rolling. She was really good looking and nice ( I gave her the blog site). While she was still here, Debbie showed up to give Patsy a bath. Patsy told her she didn't want a bath today. So, no bath. And then, as if we didn't have enough people in the bus, Lucille show up with a Christmas card and a treat for Patsy. (oooopppppssss, i forgot to save her some)
She got a great smile from Pat and it was a shame that she could not stay a bit longer because Patsy was sure glad to see her I think.
One of the treatments that we had Carol had Patsy on was causing her temp problems. When I went to Carol the other day, she tested Pat through me and we found the problem. Carol had me pull the treatment for a few days and the fever problem cleared up. I will go back to her tomorrow and have her re-dose Patsy to see where we are going next. She is still taking all of the meds from Denver and it sure seems to be helping.
So, Patsy lays here in her bed, watches tv, tries to talk a bit, and i take care of her. I would not have it any other way. I want so badly to see her stand and walk and talk. Sometimes I wonder if and when but, I will be here for her through the good and the bad and so will you if you keep riding along. Merry Christmas RAZ

2 comments:

  1. So big bro, did you not know that I got my degree in Social Work? I'll forgive you since you've been a little busy these days. What is your address again? I put it some where and I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1433 Ross rd Weiser Idaho 83672

    ReplyDelete