Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Friday, December 17, 2010

I don't know?????

The morning started out great. I try to talk to Patsy as if nothing is wrong and we are just going on. I asked her what she wanted for Christmas today and she looked at me and said "I DON'T KNOW". What????? I loved it. It was the first time in a long, long, time that she said three words at the same time. I gave her a hug and I almost wanted to cry but being the tuff guy that I am, I didn't. The nurse came by and her stats were great. Oxygen levels are at 95 and her pulse rate was 80. That is excellent. It is getting harder to change her because she is resisting and she has a habit of grabbing a hold of us when we are trying to move her. Debbie came by and gave her a bath. I asked her if she wanted a bath today and she said no. We gave her one anyway. We had pizza tonight. I had to cut it small and feed her with a fork but that was still great.
To finish the story tonight I will try not to get to graphic. Patsy doesn't have the strength to poop and she lays in bed all the time. We give her a laxative to help with the process. Welllll. tonight while changing her I realized that it was time to get her on the potty. I made a few calls for some help but it was Friday night and everyone was busy. So, I told Patsy it was her and me this time.
You see, the last time we put her on the potty was about a week ago and I had to hold her and hold her head while Denise (the nurse) help with the other stuff. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it by myself. HOLY CRAP!!!!!
I got Patsy up and she sat there by herself and held her head up by her self. It is amazing the changes that are happening. I was able to get her cleaned and back to bed and she did wonderful.
So, as you can see, we had another pretty good day. Carey came by and watched her for awhile and she could not believe the difference from the last time she saw her. This is truly a wonderful time of year and I have been blessed with so much this year. Do me a favor. Some time this busy holiday season, Take your special person to a movie or for an ice cream cone or something, and tell them how much you love them. You never know how much time you have to do that and I am sure glad that I still can. Thanks for riding along, RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment