Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Thursday, December 23, 2010

IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER

So here is a cute story for todays report.
A lady was in the nursing home here in Weiser and fell and split her head open. The nursing home sent her to the hospital to get her head looked at and to do a Cat scan. After the Cat scan the lady tried to get up so they decided to drug her and keep her sedated. I guess because of the drugs, she was not doing very well. The hospital told her family that she would not be leaving the hospital and so her family summoned family and friends from across the country to come in a hurry before she passed away. Since everyone was hear, they decided to have the funeral and they put her obituary in the paper. The hospital said that since she was not going to make it that there was no since in feeding her so she survived a week on only 2 containers of ice cream and 2 containers of pudding and some sips of water on occasion. Finally, the hospital decided to send her back to the nursing home so that all of her friends and workers could say there final goodbye. They decide to let her die there. The nursing home decided to feed her regardless of the out come. Guess what???? She is back to normal and doing fine. Hospice care discharged her yesterday. If is is okay with you all, I am going to keep Patsy right here. True story!!!!!
Patsy is doing very good I think. The hospice people found out that I would not be able to be paid any money for taking care of Patsy. They tried!!! But with your help and prayers, we are doing alright.Patsy continues to move her arms and tries to move her legs. When I try to give her a drink, she tries to reach up and grab a hold of the water bottle. She can not of course because she has little control of the muscles but she sure tries.
The physical therapist came by today and said that the exercises that I have been doing with Patsy were right on and then her gave me a few other things to do with her. I think it was a big help. I am not sure that he was convinced that Patsy was on her way back but regardless, he is helping us with our plans.
Patsy still can not say HI BABY to me yet but she smiles when I say it to her as if she knows I want her to and it is a game. She is able to hold her arm around me with a little help and I still good kisses. I don't know of anything that would make me happier then taking care of her and having you ride along with us on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment