Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Saturday, December 4, 2010

No syringe today!!!

The road on this journey has been a little rough from time to time but for now we are back on smooth sailing for awhile. Patsy continues to recover and I could not be happier. I was just feeding Patsy some scrambled eggs and ham and toast and she ate better then she has for quite some time.
I have been feeding her with a syringe because I wanted to make sure that she was getting enough food and because she would not open her mouth far enough to get a spoon or a fork in. But, she has been showing great improvement and so I asked her if she wanted eggs today. She still cannot talk though she tries but she was able to tell me she wanted eggs and ham. HOLY WOW!!!!!!! I was so happy when I put the first bite to her lips and she opened her mouth to eat. Sounds like such a small deal but not to me. Also, while feeding her, she took her hands and put them together and interlocked her fingers. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE!!!!
A short time ago we were all asking the question of how much longer can she last and now it is how much has she improved since the day before. I have even noticed a little more spark in myself knowing that things are looking so much better.
The order for Patsy came yesterday and I sent the check off. I was able to move a few things around and I believe we will be okay. 500.00 is alot but I guess that for the chance it is giving Patsy, it is nothing.
Oh, I forgot to tell you that the range of motion nurse came to see Patsy and everything looks okay except her elbow in her left arm. It needs some work and I guess that I now have some new responsibilities. She could not believe the strength in her arms and I told her that 3 weeks ago she was like a rag doll. So I am going to work on her exercises and when she gets a little stronger then we are going to work an muscle building.
So, again the news is good and I am really looking forward to where the future may be taking us. Keep riding along and thanks for your support, RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment