Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moms Silver Creek Update

Hello everyone, Thereasa here. Sorry I didn't post right when we got back from Silver Creek, it's taking me forever to get unpacked. I thought it would be easier to just tell you what happened each day we were up there and then Dads update last night. So here it goes.
Fri. July 9th: Marty and I headed up to SC after noon and on the way we had to pick up Moms new med. at Carols. Then we were off. Mom wasn't doing so good when we got there. She was confused and didn't really know where she was. I guess she was still thinking she was at my house, because she wanted to go put something in the bus and when Dad told her the bus wasn't here she got even more confused and thought it was on commercial street where they lived before our house. So we decided to start Mom right away on the meds. we brought up. Right before bed though she seemed a little better. Marty was throwing a stick for the big dogs and we were all laughing at the new puppy trying to get in the way of the fun ( By the way the puppy has now been named Captain Jack or Logan calls him Captain Crunch). Well Dad told Mom she was missing all the fun and so Mom stuck her head out of the van door and started to watch. She was laughing right away and just enjoying her silly pups antics. It was great to see! After that we all headed for bed. Dad put the pup in the kennel, but he started to whimper so he had to let him out and into his bed. ha ha. By the time I went to bed Mom, Dad, and 2 dogs were all in bed in the van. I think they are going to need a bigger van! Sat. July 10th: We woke up to rain , but it soon cleared up. Mom was better , she knew where she was. In fact other than pain, Mom had a great day! She was out of her bed more than I've seen her in a long while. Grandpa and Grandma Kathy came up for visit and Mom stayed up for their whole visit. That's an accomplishment! She had a good breakfast, but didn't eat a lot at lunch, but by dinner she was eating better again. And no Carey we didn't ruin our 4 wheeler tire on purpose! Those things are expensive to replace, but if you want to blame any one it was LynnZ (my daughter) who was driving it when she ran over a bolt , that I blame SC endless construction on. It was a bummer deal because now we had to start walking to the potty. lol. Oh well. Sun. July 11th: We woke up to sun shine thank goodness! Dad cooked breakfast. I went to see what Mom wanted for breakfast and she blew me away! Now normally we have to list breakfast options to Mom and it takes a good while to know what she really wants. She usually has a hard time trying to figure out what she wants and how to tell us. Not today! You would have thought I was her waitress, she just pops right up and gave me her order. I want " 1 scrambled egg, 1 bacon (she had 2) hash browns, make them crispy, and 1 toast. Holy Cow! I couldn't believe it. Then she yelled at me because I forgot to put jam on her toast! It was great to see her so alert and knowing what she wanted. Marty and I packed up our stuff and we decided to take the long way home ( we really took a looooong way home, if you want I can tell you about later). We would fish along they way down from SC. Dad and Mom decided to follow a while to go fishing too. When we would stop Dad, Marty and the kids would get out and fish and I stayed with Mom. We talked and part of the time she was sitting up looking out the window looking for herbs. Now most of this seems not a big deal to most, but if you have spent any time with Mom lately you'd know she spends a lot of time in bed. It was great to see her up and participating in life again. And that silly puppy keeps her busy and happy. I'm sure Captain Jack helps just as much as the new meds. shes on. Mom started getting some pain and so they headed back to camp for lunch and a nap. We headed home. Mon. July 12th: It's real hard to talk to Dad over the radio, but he did say to tell you all that Mom was doing great in fact " Better then I've seen her in a long while" was what he said. I'll post again as soon as he calls again with an up date. Hope all is well with everyone.
~ Thereasa

No comments:

Post a Comment