Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Here Carey!!!

My daughter commented "what is the answer" so here it is. We went to Carols yesterday and that was a chore. Patsy almost had to be carried to the van and into Carols office. Carol tested her and here are the results.
1. her immune system is working great
2. her lungs and heart are fine
3. her kidneys and spleen and other organs are okay, I think one kidney was down a little bit
4. most importantly to me, her brain is functioning the way it should

I asked her if her brain working properly means that she doesn't have CJD and she said yes.

But, her motor skills are what is affected and that is why she doesn't have control of her speech and legs and arms and her other body functions. When you talk to her she understands what you are saying but doesn't always know how to answer. She still answers me with "Hi Baby" when I address her that way. She still eats really well if I feed her but we are still needing to put some weight back on her. We are working on that.
Carol started her on some stuff today to work on the muscle issues. I won't take the time here to address that but we are hopeful that it will work on rebuilding. Carol thinks so, so I am a player.

So yesterday I asked Carol if she knew any reason why I needed to stay home from work and spend more time with Patsy, she said NO!!!! I haven't seen a lot of changes lately so, with the help from my kids, I am going to go put in a few hours and see what happens.
Thereasa, Christy, and Jenni, and a friend of the family for years, Kari Norton, are scheduled to take shifts and help me out. My daughter Carey, is also available to come and help and has offered to but she lives in Nampa and is VERY, VERY, VERY pregnant as usual, so she gets excused for now. Also. Katy in Alaska, said she would come down and spend a week or so but I think we have it handled. The last time Katy tried to help she sent Pat a darned (notice I didn't say the other word) puppy. So now I have more things to take care of.

Patsy says she is fine when I ask her if she is okay. She still knows who everyone is and enjoys seeing them when they come. We haven't seen Kari Norton for years and she remembered her.

So, tonight I gave her a really good bath, I got a really big hug, I told her how beautiful she is, she laughed, I treated her to a baby powder rubdown, and then I gave her a kiss and reminder that I loved her very much. She seems happy and restful. I gave her the first treatment tonight that Carol sent home with me today. Things are not good but things are good if that makes any sense.
One day at a time I tell her, and that is how we live our life now. And with you all riding along with us and your thoughts and prayers, we will make it. goodnight for now, RAZ

1 comment:

  1. HEY! I tried to talk you out of that DARN Puppy and you woulndn't have it. So don't try and put that on me.

    ReplyDelete