Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Thursday, July 7, 2011

how is she doing????

So how is Patsy doing???? I am not sure. She is still here and that is a blessing by itself. She is eating pretty good but we have to feed her with a syringe and we also give her water by the same method. We do it that way so that we can get more in her in a shorter period.
For those that have not seen her in a while, and there are some that do not come around to see her, she is doing some things that are kind of interesting. When sitting in her chair, the therapist sits her forward and she is now able to hold her self up with very little help.. When she is laying on her back and we have to change her, she tries to help a little where in the past, she was just like a log.
I still have to help her have a bowel movement every two or three days and she is still not able to talk. That makes me sad because I have so much to tell her and it would really be nice to have her acknowledge some things.
I wished she was doing a little better because I need to find some work. In the beginning of her illness, a lot of friends and mostly family, helped with a little money and we survived okay. Now things have slowed way down and i am finding it hard to get by, We did do a camping trip last month and that was needed for both of us. She really loves the mountains and she had a great time.
I am going to drive truck and haul onions and beets for two months starting about sept. If I can make it until then, we should be able to budget that extra money over the winter and get by okay.
But Patsy is holding on and I am going to fulfill my promise to never put her in a nursing home. I think I have been through enough that I can physically and mentally handle what ever comes. I think with my Heavenly Fathers help, and with the help that kari is giving us, and of course with your continued love and support and your prayers, we are going to make it. Patsy continues to be the love of my life and I can not even think about life with out her.
Oh, My daughter made me cry the other day. I gave her a couple of boxes of genealogy and she found a picture of Patsy (it was her graduation picture) and on the back was a love note from her that I have not heard or seen for 40 years. Wow, that was a tough day for me. She was going to post it on here but I guess she forgot. \Okay, that is enough for now. See you all in the funny papers, RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment