Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Friday, June 11, 2010

Am I having an affair????

Which wife will I be with today. The stuff Carol has been giving Pat she takes 3 times a day. She started on Monday. I don't know if that is making a difference but, yesterday Pat got up by herself and got dressed. Then she started her day with a bowl of cereal while I packed the car back up. We left Thompson Falls and headed over the hill to Kellogg. Holy talkaroni. I could not shut her up. I even called Carol to see if I should cut her back on her stuff (for lack of a better word). The witch doctor said no. Oooppppss I have to quit calling her that because she now fallows Patsy blog.,
Anyway, it was good to have the old Patsy back. I play a game with her where I ask her what day it is. When she can come right back with the correct day, that is a good day.
So we talked and drove and ate some lunch. She even seemed to have improved her short term memory a bit. I need to tell you, this was one of the best day that we have had since way before she went into the hospital.
So we left Kellogg and went to Missoula. She decided that she wanted some string beans and some cling peaches. CRAPPOLA!!!! Why can't we just have a McDonalds hamburger or something.
So I went to the store and bought her some sting beans and peaches. And of course I had to buy something to open the cans. While she ate that, I drove us to Lolo Hot Springs. We went in and sat in the hot pool for awhile. It was great. We were going to stay there but I didn't feel like sleeping, so I put her to bed in the van and over the hill we went towards Kooskia.
I started to get tired and found a nice spot to pull over for the night. It was where the Selway and the Lochsa come together. It was fun listening to the river and the rain and Patsy snoring.
Pat decided she would have some pain last night so I gave her some pain meds and let her sleep while I came on in. I made her get up for some breakfast in New Meadows. We made it home and she went to bed for some much needed rest. I think the day she had yesterday wore her out.

So, all and all, we had a good trip. We did some work for the YMCA. We spent some good quality time together.
I keep looking for signs that Pat is getting worse or getting better. I guess if I was to make a judgement, it would be that she is not getting any worse. If Carol can get this pain down and if she gets some use of her legs back, I would be happy. Thanks for all your support. RAZ

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back ok, you just never know with your driving haha. Sounds like you had a wonderful, much needed, get away. Maybe more day drives is a good thing, looks like you both enjoyed it. Now if only we could find the sun, my week-end get-a-ways would be much nicer.

    love yas, big Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. See Pat, I told you that he was going to put you in the water. At least he didn't put you in and leave you there. How were the STING BEANS that he got you...did they sting you? What a wonderful husband he is.

    I'm going to keep it short tonight, I know, I know...amazing, there still are miracles, but my thoughts are just not coming to me. Pat I completely understand the short term memory thing. Then again I tend to call it selective memory...sounds much better!

    I bet that you are thinking that you're getting away easy? RIGHT!! Nope...I still have a joke for you.

    A husband and his wife were sound asleep when suddenly the phone rang.

    The husband picked up the phone and said, "Hello? How the heck do I know? What do I look like, a weatherman?" He then slammed the phone down and settled into bed.

    "Who was that?" asked his wife.

    "I don't know. It was some guy who wanted to know if the coast was clear."

    The End...see you tomorrow!
    One more thing...does Patsy have a wish or a dream that she has always had. You know like meeting someone famous, going to watch a famous pianist and having them play her, or has always thought that it would be great to provide a music scholarship to someone in her name? Give me a call.

    ReplyDelete