Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Monday, June 21, 2010

Give me that Darn Remote

First of all lets clear up a little business. Sis, I am not going to answer all those questions that you wrote in your comments. I know all the answers but I don't want to show off.
Second, I did not beat up Patsy. I really wanted to last night when she would not give me the remote. She has a hard time focusing on the right buttons to push sometimes and we was watching the movie and she fast forwarded the dang thing into next week before she could find the right button. I tried to help her and boy did the fit hit the sham. I did get a little bit (just a little bit) upset!!!!! I reached for the remote and she refused to give it to me. It was that independent side coming out. Well, I got the remote but that is all I got and will get for a long, long, time!!!
Today was not one of Patsys best days. The pain was back. Denise brought over one of those rice heat pads that you put in the microwave and heat up and she used that. It seemed to help. By 5:00, she got up and had some dinner. Breakfast and lunch she got in bed. Boy is she going to owe me big time someday. I got her dressed and took her for a short drive to see all the town growing for the Fiddle week.
When we got home she was tired and so off to bed for her. I always hope for a better day tomorrow.
Medicaid turned me down again today for financial assistance for me for staying here and taking care of her. They said that they would come and do a home evaluation and arrange for someone to come in and take care of her. It is amazing that they would pay $2,000 per month for someone to come in and do what I would do for much less. Patsy doesn't want anybody but me and I have promised her that I will be here for her. With the help of family, I believe we will be alright.
Besides, they would never approve her living here and using Thereasa's house for bathing and toilet facilities. They would want to put her in a nursing home and that ain't happening. So it is going to be her and I and we will make do some how.
Ok, no pics tonight but Pat is looking better. The redness is going away and being replaced with green and yellow but it is clearing up. Here bruise on her back is completely gone but I was not able to use the same stuff on her eyes. But things are getting better so we will see tomorrow. Goodnight all, RAZ

1 comment:

  1. Now isn't that just a brother, trying to tell me what to do again. He couldn't even answer some simple questions. I don't know was probably the answer to most of them. Besides when is he going to learn that I don't listen to him. I realize that he used to carry me on his back to the Natatorium when we were young but common, I'm going to be 50. I'll let Pat put up with ya.

    Now to comment on that darn remote. Men always think that they have to have the remote and control it. Now who was having the fit? Are you sure it was Patsy, which I really doubt, not sweet loving Patsy, or was it you that couldn't give up the control and let your wife push your buttons, oops!..I mean push the buttons.

    I'd really think about that one for a while so in the mean time I included a couple of joke on remotes.

    Why don't men do laundry?
    Cause the washer and dryer don't run on remote control!

    How do you get a man to do sit-ups?
    Put the remote control between his toes.

    ReplyDelete