Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Blessings just keep on coming!!

What a day. But before I tell you about today, let me share a little story that will get me in trouble if Patsy ever gets on her blog. Usually I read to pat what I write and the comments but I leave out the parts that might get me in trouble
So early this morning, I got Pat up so she could go to the bathroom. She stop as we were walking by the shower and I asked what she was doing. She said she was going to do her business and pointed at the shower. I looked at her funny not sure what she was doing but then she started to drop her draws. Holy Cow!!! I got her stopped and we got to the toilet in time. Must be the drugs????
Anyway, some more pain pills and back to bed for a little more sleep.
We got up about 9:00 and read a comment on the blog from someone that means a lot to Patsy and me. It was good to here from Margo and it really made our day. Patsy had a 11:00 appointment at the church to work with someone on the organ. We got there a little early and I asked Pat to play a little bit for me. I wished I could properly express how much it hurts both of us that Patsy has lost her keyboard abilities. For those who have heard her play, you understand.
So, we headed for Emmett and another visit with Carol. We were there yesterday and we left her with some papers off the internet about CJD. When we got there today, we wanted to try to nail down what Carol thought. So here it is as I understand it.
Carol says that Patsy definitely had CJD. But, unlike the Doctor, she says that she has killed the parasites that caused the problem and that it was not going to take her life. The Doctors say that it is not curable but Carol disagrees. She admits that there is damage and that the road back is going to be a long one, but she is confident that she can and will recover some if not all of what she has lost. We remain hopeful!!
So, last night when I wrote, the money was getting a little low and I started to wonder if we could hold on until we start getting some money from SSI. My wonderful sis offered some until then but when we checked online today, some one or more then one put some money in the account that was set up by the ham radio community. I have no knowledge who made that donation but if you know, please let them know how much we appreciate their support. Also, some money came in the mail today and those people know who you are and how much we love you and how much you mean to us.
Back to Patsy. She is having a pretty good day and is here watching tv with me. I am so happy just to watch tv together. Let me tell you what I have learned this last few months. Don't ever let a day go by with out telling you significant other that you love them. I will never let one go by again.
Goodnight all, RAZ

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lynn and Pat, just a few words of love and encouragement to you both. I pray for you both and keep you in my thoughts always. I read your blog every few days. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I love you both and will keep in touch.
    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete