Life Quotes At CharmRoyal.com

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Is Patsy doing better? It DEPENDS on who you ask.

I fell asleep last night. My nights have been pretty rough lately. I don't go to sleep until after patsy is tucked in for the night and I am always up around 7:00 or earlier. So last night I was pretty tired and , well, I missed a night. But, I am back, and here is your report for the night.

I really don't know how to tell what is going on with Patsy. Last year in August, Patsy drove her car on the Ride Idaho ride. But I can tell you that her personality had begun to change. Things have continued down hill since then. When Patsy was in the hospital, she was at about the lowest time. She couldn't talk and complete a sentence. She was having a lot of pain for the weeks leading up to that time and that is what got her in the hospital the first time.
Since then, I think things have leveled out a bit. She still is having a lot of problems but she has been having some good as well.
So here is where we are today, the good and the bad. In the last three days she has needed almost no pain pills, three to be exact. And that is fantastic I think. She also still eats pretty good and has been up alot more then in the past.
So here is the bad news. Patsy is now having to use depends because she was having a hard time making it to the bathroom all the time. She is also having a hard time walking. If things continue, I am going to re-configure the bedroom to make it easier for her. It appears that the tremors are getting worse if that is what she has. She shakes quite often but I don't know if that is really tremors. She still can get really wacko at nights and it sometimes worse then others and I relate that to the drugs and her being so tired.
She is still hanging on and we are excited that things have not got really bad yet. The info on the net says that this disease progresses really fast and Patsy seems to be holding her own.
So, it is almost August again. One year after she started having some symptoms. You can make the decision as to whether she has got this thing beat and is now healing, or if tough times are still ahead. I am just taking it one day at a time and thankful to have that day.
She was unable to go lead her choir today and that upset her. She is hoping this thing turns around soon. Ok, enough for now. See you all tomorrow night. RAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment